Veterans Affairs Order Process
Tactile Medical is honored to be listed on the Federal Supply Schedule (V797P-4274B), allowing us to help veterans successfully manage chronic swelling and nonhealing wounds at home. Tactile Medical local representatives will assist your healthcare team with appropriate patient selection, measuring for proper garments, and arranging in-home training.
To initiate a VA order, fax a completed consult document to the Prosthetics Department in your facility. Purchase orders or questions can be directed to VA@tactilemedical.com.
FSS: V797P-4274b NPI: 1427131424 DUNS: 146295980
How to Order the Flexitouch and/or Actitouch Systems:
- Complete product-specific consult
- Flexitouch system (no substitutes). Tactile Medical is the only distributor of the Flexitouch system
- Actitouch system (no substitutes) – Tactile Medical is the only distributor of the Actitouch system
Extremity(ies): Identification of the specific extremity(ies) affected is necessary to determine the garment(s) required.
- Upper extremity: Left, right or bilateral
- Lower extremity: Left, right or bilateral
- Head and Neck
Medical Justification (examples include, but are not limited to):
- Chronic swelling
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Chronic wounds (i.e. venous stasis ulcers)
- Leg ulcer healing
- Recurrent cellulitis infections
- Likelihood of tissue damage due to high pressure pump, radiation, lymph node dissection
- Patient is at risk of truncal or genital edema
- Failure of compression garment (difficulty maintaining reduction or compression is not further reducing edema)
- Failure of basic pump (due to pain, displacement of fluid to the thigh or trunk, inability to tolerate high pressures of a basic pump)
- Consult with your local Tactile Medical representative for recommended protocol.
- Each system includes a controller unit (E0652: Flexitouch system; E0651: Actitouch system) and relevant garment(s): E0669 (calf/foot garment), E0667 (full leg), E0668 (arm). Applicable accessories (trunk, vest for head & neck, and head garments) are included with the cost of the controller unit.
2. Submit completed consult to the Prosthetics Department
3. Tactile Medical local representative will contact the veteran to obtain measurements